Warning: One of the Best Ground Beef Recipes is this Deliciously Juicy Hamburger Recipe Ahead
|Juicy hamburgers and french fries for a meal idea way better then fast food.|
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Since the boom of the backyard BBQ and the spread of fast food burger joints like Sonic and Burger King, the craving for a loaded quarter pound hamburger has become a craving for many people around the world. That is why I had to first put a warning on this juicy burger recipe, as not only will you be stuck making homemade hamburgers for the rest of your life because you won’t be able to find a hamburger as juicy and delicious as what this recipe provides at Sonic, Burger King, or any other fast food burger joints, but your craving for hamburgers may increase due to how juicy and delicious this hamburger recipe is, how easy this juicy burger recipe is to make, and how easy it is to adapt this hamburger recipe to your taste. This is not only the best juicy homemade burger recipe, but it is a great basic burger recipe which converts easily into a bacon cheeseburger, chili cheese burger, portobello mushroom burger, green chili burger, patty melt, and the list goes on so if you're looking for ground beef recipes this recipe makes a great addition.
Hamburger Tips to Make the Best Burgers
- To keep your family or friends from asking the dreaded question "where's the beef?" because your hamburger patties shrank into a meat ball while they are cooking; as you are forming the raw ground beef into hamburger patties flatten the patty from the center of the hamburger patty to the outer edges in a circular motion to disperse the meat evenly throughout the hamburger patty until the whole hamburger patty is about 1/4 inch thick. This will give you a nice thick juicy patty that will not become a meat ball when you cook it. If you happen to have a hamburger patty press which makes the patty making process a breeze, you can just put the meat in and press it flat.
- If you are only able to cook one or two hamburgers at a time keep the rest of your meat in the refrigerator to keep it chilled and your ground beef or ground sirloin will keep the form of the hamburger patty much better, which will prevent you from having to dry out your hamburgers with flour or bread crumbs, and is a much safer food handling practice.
- To keep your burger as juicy as possible do not use the spatula to press down on the burgers as they are cooking.
- One last tip to make the best juicy burgers is to only flip your patties once while they are on the BBQ grill or in the pan. So wait until you see that your 1/4 inch thick quarter pound hamburger patty is cooked half way through then give it a flip and while the other half of the hamburger is cooking, maybe add some cheese,mushrooms, or green chili to top it off.
The Juiciest Hamburger Recipe
Cook Time for this Burger Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes per hamburger
Yields: 8 quarter pound juicy hamburgers
- 2 lbs 90% lean / 10% fat Beef or Sirloin, freshly ground and pink slime free
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tsp Johnny's Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder or 1/2 c freshly chopped onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic or sliced thin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
No need for bread crumbs or flour in this juicy hamburger recipe, all they do is dry the hamburger out, and you get enough dry burgers at Burger King, Sonic, and McDonald's.
How to Make the Best Burgers Instructions
- If you are grilling with a gas or electric grill, heat your grill to medium high heat of about 350ºF so that when you place your hamburger patty on the grill, it will sear the meat quickly and be less likely to stick to the grill. If you are using a frying pan to help prevent sticking put a little extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to thinly coat the bottom of the frying pan and then heat up the pan to a medium high heat of about 350ºF. When you are grilling these juicy hamburgers with charcoal set your coals up so you have a medium high heat area on the grill (where you can hover your hand a couple inches above the grill and within a few seconds it should be too hot to handle) and a medium heat area (where you can hover your hand a couple inches above the grill for at least a minute without it being too hot to handle).
- In a large bowl mix Worcestershire sauce, Johnny's Seasoning Salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper together thoroughly.
Add the 2 lbs 90% lean / 10% fat ground beef or ground sirloin and eggs in with the Worcestershire sauce and seasoning mixture then mix until eggs are completely mixed into the ground beef or ground sirloin.
- Section the seasoned ground beef or sirloin into 8 and form into 8 hamburger patties For mini juicy burgers - just section the ground beef or ground sirloin into 16 smaller sections then form into 16 hamburger patties.
- Place the hamburger patties on the grill or frying pan and sear the meat on medium high heat for about 4 minutes on each side (the burgers should look browned about half way through like the picture on the right before you flip the patties). After you have flipped the patties and let the burgers sear for a few minutes lower the temperature to a medium heat of about 250ºF, add cheese, green chili, or other heat friendly toppings of your choice, and cook the hamburgers for an additional 2 minutes.