Blue Diamond Cookware Reviews: Is the Cookware a Crock?

Is Blue Diamond Cookware a Crock?


It's been a year since I bought my Blue Diamond 20 piece Cookware set, with the fact that Wal-Mart has lowered the price by sixty dollars, it's definitely time for a review of the Blue Diamond Cookware purchase I made. I was planning on doing this review a month after the purchase, but you know how life is, and maybe now since the price of the Blue Diamond Cookware set is lower it's the perfect time for this non sponsored real person Blue Diamond Cookware review to be public.


Blue Diamond Cookware As Seen On TV


Blue Diamond Cookware commercials show and claim the cookware as nearly indestructible. Indestructible is great for me because I am hard on my cookware, and I don't like to replace my cookware often. In 2021 the cookware set sold for $199 before taxes, so at that price they had better do as they claim! Especially since I was looking to replace my set of anodized nonstick Wearever cookware that truly was indestructible, at least for a good 12 years anyway. I had paid $189 for the set of Wearever, so I have some high expectations for this set of Blue Diamond frying pans and sauciers that costs ten dollars more.


Blue Diamond Cookware


The Blue Diamond Cookware Set in Reality


Opened up a boxed set Blue Diamond Cookware and right on top were the care and use instructions. When you read the title out loud and quickly as I did it sounds more like "Karen Use Instructions" which is probably a more accurate pronunciation for this set of cookware. 


From these instructions you will learn that not only should you not use metal utensils in them, but the type of oil or amount of butter you use can ruin the nonstick effects. I'm quite an avid EVOO user in my Italian dishes so this implied I make quite a change. One more special care note is that you can't wash it with nylon, thus you have to use a washcloth which means buying tons of washclothes in order to keep things sanitary.


The pan set is extremely beautiful, until you start using it. If you're not super careful and accidentally bump a pot or pan into something such as your faucet, the exterior paint scratches off. I know I am hard on my cookware, but even the paint on the Pioneer Woman's cookware set I've had for a year before getting the Blue Diamond Cookware hasn't scratched off. 

Blue Diamond Cookware paint not meant for long term
Scratches and browned bottom on the Blue Diamond Cookware 

Not only am I hard on my cookware but also big on cleanliness of the cookware. I refuse to eat non refrigerated leftovers!  The outside of the Blue Diamond Cookware pots and pans don't clean very well due to the exterior paint just not being right for the intended use (scrubbing and bumping), within the first week of using the Blue Diamond frying pans and sauciers, the bottoms will start browning from cooked on filth. 


This browning occurs from spills that happen while cooking, so even if your stove top is spotless before you start cooking so over time your Blue Diamond Cookware set is no longer beautiful, nor is it the most sanitary. I believe great food can only come from sanitary dishes in a sanitary kitchen.


Is Blue Diamond Cookware Safe?


Blue Diamond Cookware's nonstick ceramic coating, is nice because they claim it's non toxic, so when it gets scratched you don't have to worry about it getting in your food. Ceramic is pretty safe to use with food and has been used for quite a long time due to it's non porous properties that help make it nonstick and stain resistant.


However, I worry quite a bit about the validity of Blue Diamond claims. The Blue Diamond Cookware as seen on tv has a brick being thrown onto the nonstick surface claiming it won't scratch or chip.

However, within the first 3 weeks of using nothing but silicone utensils, wash clothes, and padding in-between when storing the pots and pans, the nonstick coating had already gotten scratched and chipped.

Blue Diamond Cookware Chips Easily
Scratches and chips in the Blue Diamond Cookware non-stick coating.

Now I do have a set of ceramic coated pans already, yet they have no chips or scratches and they are several years old.


Does the Blue Diamond Cookware Warranty Make it Worth Buying?


In my honest opinion, as a self taught cook, baker, and parent, even with the discount of sixty dollars, the Blue Diamond Cookware set is not worth over $100. Especially with the care and use instructions being stated the way they are, getting the cookware set replaced through warranty could be quite troublesome without proof of proper care. So if you're still interested in the set, wait a bit to see if the price will go even lower.


When it comes to cookware, there's always the very dependable stainless steel, that many chefs, cooks, and restaurants are quite loyal to. I hope this review of the Blue Diamond Cookware set has helped you. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a blessed day!