Truthful Review of Mode Earn and Rewards

Can You Get Money for Listening to Music Through the Mode Earn App?

Mode Earn is willing to give you a cut of their money!
Mode Earn is willing to give you
a cut of their money!

Mode Earn (formerly known as Current Rewards) is an app that pays you to listen to your favorite genres of music. As I have cashed out through the Mode Earn app several times now, having a total of $57.60 deposited into my Paypal account, as well as a couple of Mastercard gift cards there is no denial that you can't get money listening to your favorite musicians on the Mode app.  So now we have to ask… Is Mode Earn worth downloading? Keep reading this real person review of the Mode Earn app to find out!

Is the Mode Earn App Worth Downloading? 

In my honest opinion, it has it's pros and cons. For extra earning opportunities I downloaded it to my computer through BlueStacks, until I found out that it may have more access to my computer than I want, being as it asks for all kinds of access on the phone. It may be worth downloading as long as your energy bill doesn't go up if you end up charging your phone more often and if you don't mind the app possibly having all kinds of access to your phone or computer.


I used to think that if your phone is all that you have to access the web with, then you should save your phone for what it was intended for. However since Mode Earn has made some updates and are offering new rewards my beliefs have changed. Why?

5 Facts about the Mode Earn App

Mode Earn doesn't pay a consistent rate, the rate drops or rises depending on your activity in the app. Because of this, you can't be certain that you are getting rewarded the correct amount of points. Many people have complained about this and the company claims they have recently updated the app to reflect more accurate earnings. I have learned how to keep your earning rate on the Mode Earn app up so that you can constantly earn decent money, which I share those tips to keep your earning rate up, just click on that linked text to read them.


The Mode Earn app could be harmful to phones. When I run it on my phone, the phone lags, heats up, and freezes. Plus the app drains your phone battery causing you to charge your phone at least twice a day if it's on all day. As phone batteries are non replaceable and will only charge so many times without issues, that alone is proof that the app is harmful to your phone.


Granted, my phone is still running after 4 months of having the Mode Earn app on my phone, running most of the time. I didn't know how much more my phone could handle, so I decided to removed it from my LG.


However I did decide to try Mode Earn out on my new phone which is a Moto 5g. It doesn't seem to have any of the issues the LG had.


I don't think the Current Rewards app rewards you enough to replace the energy and phone life consumed in the event something happens to your phone or battery because of the app.  Well, maybe you will get enough, if you're willing to do the extra phone taps. I felt that should be scratched out as Mode Earn now offers the Mode phone as a reward you can use your points on, which you can use to earn even more money than regular Mode Earn users. It's like making your phone pay for itself.


I feel I should warn you, as from my experience, once you get close to your third payout of $20.00 PayPal cash they start claiming you're using automation programs and bots so they can close your account. 


Once they claimed that about my account, I replied with the statement that their app has the ability to see everything on my phone at all times and not once has there been any bot/automation app or program on my phone. I never received a reply back. However, after my email reply, the Current Rewards app asked me to update the app. After the update p, the app periodically made me approve the app to have access to everything, as well as do a "I'm not a robot" test up to 3 times a day. Now they have gotten the robot test down to once a day with the most recent updates.


Last but not least, is the fact that you can get points for tapping the check-in button on the music page of the app, however after your first payout, the check-in doesn't always register even though it says "checked in". With the updates to the Mode Earn app, as soon as you open the app and start playing music, you are checked in, plus they made sure the check in extra points have been accurately reported. So it seems Mode Earn is really trying to keep their end of the deal, as well as keep their company strong.


Granted they could use to listen just a bit more to some of the add a feature suggestions. I realize half of those comments are either pointless or scammers phishing for personal information, but some are very valid. One being to enable searching for music stations instead of just musicians.


Another suggestion is to add the ability to see your referrals and how much you've earned from the referrals. Which is one more aspect about Mode Earn that is still very hard to prove. The invite a friend bonus says if you invite up to 10 people you can earn up to $25.00 in points for each friend plus 5% of your friends earnings for life. 


However, there's no way to see who has signed up through the sent invite link, nor how much they have earned. People have requested for some kind of referral tracker, but there has yet to be an update to the app with such a feature.


With all the different money rewards Mode Earn has to offer, it can be hard to choose which one to spend your current points on. So to help you know what you're signing up for when you choose your reward, you can check out the facts I have gathered on the cash rewards below.


What You're Really Rewarded When You Choose Mode Earn's Cash Rewards

Got Paid $19.20 In My PayPal For Listening To My Favorite Music
A payment from the Mode Earn App
If you're new to getting paid through PayPal from apps that offer to pay you for doing things, like Mode Earn does, then you should know before choosing this reward that PayPal will charge a small fee. This fee can be anywhere from a few cents on the lower rewards and up to US $.80 on the $20.00 reward.


The Mode Mastercard is another reward considered to be a cash reward as you can use the money anywhere Mastercard is accepted. No fees are charged for getting the reward, but you cannot send the Mastercard cash to your bank account as you can with PayPal, and it has an expiration date. 


The Mastercard reward uses less current points to redeem the reward then the PayPal reward requires and offers a reward up to US $105.00. Though you should know that the $105.00 reward is not on just one Mastercard gift card. You will receive a total of five Mastercards that will amount to $105.00. The $50.00 Mastercard reward is the only reward that offers the most cash on one gift card. 


I realize that this is money that you're not working hard for, and you're getting to listen to music you love. Several updates to the Current Rewards app have happened since I originally wrote this review, so many in fact that their name is now Mode Earn instead of Current Rewards.


Now they offer a huge variety of ways to get paid your rewards and the robot verification happens only once a day. I have since checked out my points for a $50.00 prepaid Mastercard, which shamelessly, I spent on some kitchen organizers on Amazon. I'll let you know how I like them in a future review.


I do have some tips to get cash fast from Mode Earn if you're interested.


Have you used the Mode Earn app? If so, let me know your thoughts on it in the comments below, as I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you feel it's worth downloading?


If you enjoyed this review on the Mode Earn app and found it helpful please share it with others. You can find other helpful reviews on apps, products, games, programs and more on the reviews menu option, and more ways to earn money through the how to get money menu option if your interested. Much love to you and have a blessed day.